Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"You got a 10 piece don't be stingaaaayy"

Ok so I'm sure everyone that watches T.V has seen the new McDonalds commercial that looks like an R&B video. Well a friend I know posted on her FaceBook status that she, and I quote, "doesn't understand the new McDonalds commercial that looks like an Usher or Ne-Yo video...all for some mcnuggets?"

So this status caused an entire conversation and just so you can get the gist (and understand why I posted this on my 'music' blog....) here's the dialog (and for the sake of privacy...everyone will be labeled as 'Random' -- enjoy ;-)

Me: LOL c'mon you have to admit you thought that was a hot song before you realized it was for some chicken nuggets

Random Guy : It's quite catchy... and they're trying to get a "specific audience" to eat different items... Cuz that "specific audience" loves the Dollar Menu...lol

Status Owner : I'm not gonna lie I thought it was a new song!

Me : Me too!! I was even warned about it and I STILL fell for it......"You got a 10 piece don't be stingy" Ba da da da da I'm lovin' it!!

Random Woman 1 : That is my jam! Girl u got a 10 piece dont be stingjaaaaay! Has hip hop and r&b really fallen off so bad that Mickey D's can fool us with a commercial :-).

Status Owner : you are so crazy! "thats your jam" lol

Random Woman 2 : i can't STAND that stupid commercial!! Is that mess supposed to appeal to blacks?? McDonald's is becoming ridiculous.

Me : Well McDonalds is not the 1st to create a song for their product...Just last year (or maybe the one before) there was a radio commercial out about the Toyota Avalon. Kinda catchy too!! I think they had Will Downing singing it..??

Random Woman 2 : Who is Will Downing?

Status Owner : will downing sings "adult" r&b lol. I only know him for like one song years ago. but yeah I think mcdonalds is trying to appeal to blacks but I don't know why black people love the dollar menu and definitely the dollar sweet tea!

Random Woman 1 : I know that song Khalia is talkin about. It was very catchy!! And Im so serious . My cousin and I were singing it all wknd lol. And Tam I must say that our music is whats becoming ridiculous. So sad! Where's Jodeci when you need em??

Me : LOL @ Jodeci (I just had a vision of JoJo hi performing on stage) but I'm on the fence about 'our music'--I'll just say the wrong people get the fame and the right people are overlooked because music execs want what makes money...

Anyway....the dollar menu is getting a little skimpy...they actually took the nuggets off (and I only know because ... Read Morethat's all I would get) so that's why they need black people in their video/commercial...to persuade them to not be 'stingy' on the extra money for the 10 piece!!

Random Woman 1 :
Good point.....there is still good music out there and it is definitely overlooked. I beez havin to school my kids errday on the fact that Soulja Boy is not real hip hop. If you gotta have a dance to ur song then I need u to sit down lol. For real doe, where's Jodeci? They get us all hype talking abt a reunion at the BET awards yrs ago and nothing! U cant tease us like dat.

Me : Lol 'status owner' like Soulja Boy....she's his 'Soulja Girl' but you didn't hear that from me.....

But yeah...I'm sure Jodeci will never be together again unfortunately

And my very last post..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRcBTq6T4A

Enjoy ;-)

1 comment:

C. Holt said...

Lol!!! KB!!! so, yea... i've seen this commercial before... it's kinda funny. Advertising is a mess, but it's catchy... definitely caught "our" attention since "we're" havin conversations about it.